Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter round here....









What is wrong with my egg?

There is a rule on Easter morning round here: boiled eggs for breakfast. But there is usually a surprise waiting for the unwary egg cracker - this is no ordinary egg! It looks like a normal boiled egg but when you start to remove the shell...............


My parents played this trick on all of us at some stage in our lives. It was Finn's first time last year and cries of,"Mummy, my egg is bad!" proved that it is a trick that spans generations! The delight on his face when he realised that it was in fact a chocloate egg, delivered in secret by the Easter Bunny, laid by his extra-special hens was a sight to see! And it was again this year when he wasn't quite sure whether this egg would be as special. It was and he loved it.

2 comments:

  1. Ok. I have to ask. How? I'd love to do that to my kids but given that neither of them would touch a boiled egg with a barge pole I fear it would descend into a war trying to get them to crack it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much more impressive than it is difficult! Just blow an egg - pinprick in top and bottom than blow out the insides - enlarge the hole in the bottom then I like to boil the shell for a few minutes just to sanitize it a bit, let it dry then spoon in melted chocolate. Leave to set. Just make sure you put it in the egg cup the right way up! I think decorating the egg would probably make the ruse a little easier to pull off if Les Enfants are not big egg eaters!

      Delete