Wednesday, October 12, 2011

If you don't ask...


She was aiming for subtle but didn't feel she'd quite got it right.....


I popped into Endurance Monster, Skaneateles' new triathlon gear shop on Friday to have a butchers at their Fall running gear. Having selected a very attractive pair of fleece lined tights and a super warm dayglo-green long sleeved top (with hobo cuffs, a fashion must-have this season) I was ready to face the music at the cash register. I handed over my card and, bold as brass, I reassured the chap that it would be OK to give me a discount as it was my birthday (it actually was so no lying involved). When he stopped laughing, he handed me the slip to sign, and lo and behold, had knocked 10% off the total. It just goes to show, doesn't it? People, they're great.


To add to the Monster's utter greatness, these fab folks ran a series of mini-tris over the summer to help us poor deluded people train for the big event, and are now holding a series of runs and bike rides to keep us dellusionists in fine fettle over the winter. I am planning on running in the Monster Mash, a four mile race at the end of this month, and Finn may even try out the Monster Mash Dash, a short race for the kiddies. The money raised from these events will be donated to charity every year, going this year to the PARCS Playground Building Fund in memory of little Cameron Kenan who lost his life in the lake in July.

Good work, Monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment